For more information on the role,
please contact: Michaela Smelhausova
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
This is a small team so you have the opportunity to be involved in systems and development projects, should you wish, and you will always know that you are helping support people with learning difficulties to live their best possible life.
The Finance Assistant will support the team by ensuring that the sales transactions are completely and accurately recorded, and that queries are resolved quickly. Duties will include:
Sales Ledger / Credit Control
- Daily allocation of receipts from multiple funding streams to customer accounts
- Supporting treasury team with daily coding of receipts
- Reconciliation of cash receipt and refund control accounts
- Support Credit Controller in identifying under/over payments and raising queries with appropriate party
- Manage receipt queries with local authorities
- Liaise with Contracts team for invoicing issues
- Liaise with Local Service teams for manual invoicing and receipt issues
- Reconciliation of customer accounts to assist timely Credit Control
- Support Sales Ledger Manager with month end tasks
- Reporting on activity and issues upon request
- Ad-hoc projects as required from time to time
- You will be proficient user of Microsoft Office suite
- A working knowledge of accruals would be helpful but not essential
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.