Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
This exciting and varied role in our Family Carer Support Service (FCSS) provides expert information and support to family carers who have a relative with a learning disability, autism or both. In addition to caring for their relative, family carers have to navigate multiple and complicated systems to ensure that their relative gets the support that they need. Having access to specialist, reliable information can therefore be a lifeline.
If you are resourceful, solution-focused and passionate about supporting family carers and people with learning disabilities, autism or both to have a good quality life, then we want to hear from you.
As a key part of our small team, you will:
- Keep family carers up-to-date with statutory developments
- Research and respond to specific enquiries from family carers
- Provide ongoing and one-to-one support to family carers
- Facilitate good partnership working with Hft family carers and Hft staff
- Help to grow our social media presence
- Contribute to the creation of new resources
- Deliver workshops/webinars on topics related to the needs and rights of family carers
The role requires an individual with drive, enthusiasm and commitment. You will have knowledge of the challenges faced by family carers of a relative with a learning disability, autism or both. You will be committed to ensuring that they are able to access the services and support available to them.
You will have excellent communication skills, knowledge and experience of engaging with diverse communities.
The role supports family carers who live throughout the United Kingdom, so on occasion you may be required to travel and stay away overnight.
What we offer
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Join us and help change lives.
Virtual interview via Microsoft Teams: 3rd November 2020