Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
As an Employability Coach at Hft you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible, by supporting them to achieve goals and aspirations around paid employment. In this creative and rewarding role, you will enable people to develop and acquire relevant skills needed for the workplace, support them to gain work experience, and help them to find long term paid employment. You will provide innovative and high quality support during three on-site work placements for each person you are supporting. You will be helping to ensure that the people we support:
• Have the opportunity to develop relevant skills for employment
• Gain work experience in a large business
• Increase their independence
• Achieve their aspirations
• Are empowered to make decisions and choices around their future employment
• Are kept safe
You will have a ‘Can Do’ attitude, be driven and enthusiastic about helping people with learning disabilities to meet their aspirations. You will have the ability to look for creative solutions to meet people's support needs in a way that respects their individuality. You will work be able to work well using your own initiative and in partnership with colleagues from partner organisations, and with Hft’s Work Options Manager.
As an Employability Coach at Project SEARCH, you will usually work Mon-Fri during office hours, however you will need to be open to flexible working which may involve some occasional evening and weekend work.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Join us and help us change lives.