Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced fundraising professional to join the Fundraising Directorate as Philanthropy Manager, developing and managing a successful major donor fundraising programme at Hft.
The post holder will identify and engage with high net worth individuals (HNWIs) to generate significant funds to support Hft’s vital work with people with learning disabilities. He/she will be responsible for the development of productive relationships with HNWIs to achieve income targets and meet agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
An essential requirement of the role will be to build successful relationships with HNWIs, building on existing networks as well as developing new ones. The postholder will identify potential supporters and develop cultivation plans to successfully engage them with Hft. S/he will manage relationships through the whole stewardship cycle, involving Hft’s leadership group, Trustees, Development Patrons and other key influencers as appropriate. The position sits within the Partnerships & Programmes Team within the Fundraising Directorate.
You will have experience, and a successful track record, of managing a portfolio of HNWIs and working to ambitious income targets.
You will have creative flair and be adept at turning Hft’s programmes and projects into compelling funding propositions and presenting them to business leaders, philanthropists and other HNWIs.
You will be a confident communicator and comfortable working alongside Hft’s Trustees, development Patrons and other high value volunteers to cultivate strong and beneficial relationships with HNWIs.
You will have a great verbal and writing style and be able to cultivate and steward supporters from all walks of life. You will be innovative and collaborative in your approach to creating engagement programmes to support beneficiaries.
You will have excellent stewardships skills in order to maintain and develop long-lasting support for Hft from a range of HNWIs.
What we offer
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Join us and help change lives.