For more information on the role,
please contact Catherine Hardy-Smith
Location: Remote working with occasional requirement to attend head office at Hft - Emersons Green
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
The purpose of the Governance Officer is to provide a full range of administrative support and services in the Governance function, including to Trustees and Board Members. The role will work within the Quality and Governance function in providing an excellent service to all stakeholders based on a business partnering approach.
As a Governance Officer you will have the ability to manage a busy workload, work to deadlines and be unfazed by changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Being part or fully qualified is desirable but not essential as experience is just as important to us.
You will have worked in the charity sector before and have a good understanding of the Charity Commission governance requirements and be used to working in a regulated environment. You will be knowledgeable about statutory returns, minute taking, meeting management and you will care about probity, transparency and protecting the people who use our services by delivering great governance.
What we offer
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.