For more information on the role,
please contact:Halina Akrich
Location - Working from home and in the North Wales area – Flintshire, Wrexham and Denbighshire and out in the community.
Office base - Hot desk at Hft’s offices, Hub Cyfle, Queensferry,Whitefriars, Queensferry, CH5 1SA
Contract - Fixed term until the end of March 2022 (potential for funding to continue beyond this).
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
Luv2meetU is a friendship and dating service for adults with learning disabilities and autism. We provide opportunities for people to develop friendships and relationships, extend their social networks and improve overall health and well-being, by arranging a number of social activities within their local community. During the pandemic and beyond the role will involve offering virtual activities too.
You will be responsible for helping develop our new Luv2meetU service model in Flintshire working alongside our Flintshire and Wrexham and Denbighshire project workers. As well as the day to day operation and development, you will organise events and dating opportunities supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism to develop friendships and relationships.
Hours will be flexible upon the needs of the service including evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent with the ability to use Microsoft office, Hft bespoke IT programmes and a variety of digital platforms including social media.
Experience of working with vulnerable people including adults with learning disabilities and/or autism with an understanding of the needs, experiences and aspirations of people with learning disabilities would be advantageous.
What we offer
With Investors in People accreditation and Skills for Care endorsement we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme whose range of resources are available free of charge and are completely confidential:
1. Telephone and on-line counselling from professionally trained counsellors available 24/7.
2. Access to Citizens Advice information specialists who can help with a wide range of issues affecting everyday life.
3. Weekly updates and support during the Covid-19 pandemic.
4. Personal resilience sessions with our Learning and Development experts for extra support during the Covid-19 pandemic, with tailored sessions for our managers.
5. Wellbeing resource signposting, to help you find support when needed.
- Access to excellent learning and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status.
- Annual staff award scheme and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme.
- We are committed to working in partnership and consult with colleagues on changes that affect them. We have a network of representatives working across Hft who connect our leadership teams with your views and provide support when needed.
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance.
- Ability to claim reasonable travel and subsistence within the requirements of the role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.