#Care to join us?
We are looking for Waking Nights Support Workers to join our friendly and welcoming team here at Hft. This is your chance to make a real difference to people's lives.
Experience is not essential as we provide all the training you need to be a confident support worker. Whether you are an experienced professional or completely new to the world of care, we want you to be a compassionate and friendly individual, who shares our Values.
What matters most is a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach.
Everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, providing flexible services that meet people’s needs, and always looking for the best way of doing things.
What will you be doing?
As a waking night support worker at Hft you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. In this caring and creative role, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people’s needs and always looking for the best way of doing things.
Waking night support workers are required to remain awake throughout the night to support individuals as required.
The role is tailored to the needs of the individual(s) you will be supporting. The tasks can include:
- Assisting with taking medication
- Monitoring people we support due to medical needs, such as seizures
- Provide support during the night when the people you are supporting are awake and are struggling to go back to sleep
- Support with personal care
- Updating files such as finance logs and support plans
- General household tasks, such as cleaning, washing and ironing
- Performing security checks, including fire checks
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way.
If you do not already have a relevant qualification in Health and Social Care, Hft will fully fund and provide training for you to obtain your Diploma in a Health and Social Care within the first 18 months of your employment.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships - Earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care with a Top 100 apprenticeship employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package
- Access to award-winning training and development
- Annual staff award scheme
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Please note, Government legislation is coming into force on 11th November, which states that all individuals working in registered care homes must be fully vaccinated.
This means that if you have not been vaccinated yet and are not medically exempt, you will need to be fully vaccinated by the 11th November 2021 as we may require you to operate in services which are Care Quality Commission registered.
If you have not had your first vaccine yet, you will need to allow for a minimum of 8 weeks between vaccinations before you are able to start working in our services.
If you are medically exempt, you are required to provide us with the relevant documentation stating this.
Find your place with us and change lives.
Want to know more about who we are and what we do as an organisation, then please check out the video below.