#Care to join us?
We are looking for Project SEARCH Advocate to join our friendly and welcoming team here at Hft. This is your chance to make a real difference to people's lives.
What will you be doing?
As a Project SEARCH Advocate at Hft, you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible, and work their employment aspirations. You will be a role model to others.
The purpose of the Project SEARCH Advocate role is to support Hft’s Project SEARCH team with recruitment of new staff and interns, with communication and marketing, and to provide feedback from the perspective of an intern/graduate to help us improve and develop our support.
Hft aim to harness the expertise of a DFN Project SEARCH graduate, who has lived experience of a learning disability and or autism, to ensure we are offering the best support possible to our interns and graduates.
As a Project SEARCH Advocate, you will be home based. Some work will be take place remotely from home, and some work will involve visiting programmes onsite. Support will be available for travel to onsite locations should this be required.
Hours of work will be on a casual basis and will be agreed between you and your line manager in advance. Hours will vary each month depending on planned events, recruitment, and the time of year. This could include work during standard office hours and some evening work, for example attending an Open Evening promotional event.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
We ask all our teams to take advantage of the Covid-19 vaccination, which is offered to frontline support workers as a priority group. In some types of service this vaccine is required by law, but we strongly encourage everyone to be vaccinated (across all our services) to ensure both the safety of the people we support and our colleagues.
Find your place with us and change lives.
Want to know more about who we are and what we do as an organisation, then please check out the video below.