For more information on the role,
please contact: Paris Milton
Telephone: 07824 525132
Up to £9.48 (potential earnings of £20,526 pro rata based on qualified rate & working weekends)
- £9.00 per hour
- rising to £9.18 on completion of probation
- rising further to £9.48* on gaining a Health & Social Care Diploma/NVQ Level 2
- £1 top-up on Waking Night Weekday & £1.27 on Waking Night Weekend
About the role
As a Waking Night Support Worker at Hft you'll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people's needs and always looking for the best way of doing things.
Waking Night Support Workers are required to remain awake throughout the night to support individuals as required. You could be supporting someone with personal care, helping someone with their medication or just chatting and keeping them company if they are unable to sleep.
Sometimes it's challenging, but it's always rewarding. You'll go to work knowing that you're making a positive difference to someone's life. You'll be working in a team of skilled, dedicated colleagues committed to doing the same and they will support you along the way.
We provide 24/7 support to some people, so this role would suit you if you like the idea of working shifts and hours that include weekends and Bank Holidays.
You don't need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job - you'll get plenty of training along the way. What matters most is your positive attitude to life and your desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible.
A full UK/EU driving licence is preferable but not essential.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We'll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support others to live the best life possible.
Hft staff benefits include:-
- 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment
- Service related sick pay when six month probation is completed
- Automatic work-place pension enrolment
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing.
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
Join us and help us change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.