For more information on the role,
please contact: Penny Barry
Telephone: 01789 490730
Location - Bidford on Avon
Hourly rate -
- £8.55 per hour
- rising to £8.85 on completion of probation
- rising further to £9.08 on gaining a Health & Social Care Diploma/NVQ Level 2
About the role
As a Support Worker at Hft you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people’s needs and always looking for the best way of doing things.
There’s no such thing as a “typical day” for one of our Support Workers. You never know what you might end up doing. You could be supporting someone to make their breakfast in the morning, go swimming or to a local cafe in the afternoon – or even helping them plan their birthday party or a family event. Sometimes it’s challenging, but it’s always rewarding. You’ll go to work knowing that you’re making a positive difference to someone’s life. And you’ll be working in a team of skilled, dedicated colleagues who’ll support you all the way.
We provide 24/7 support to some people, so this role would suit you if you like the idea of working shifts and hours that include some weekends, nights and Bank Holidays. You may also get the opportunity to accompany the people we support on holidays and attend training courses and other activities.
You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job - you’ll get plenty of training along the way. It’s great if you already have experience of learning disabilities, autism or dementia, but this is by no means essential. What matters most is your positive attitude to life and your desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Join us and help us change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
*This post is covered by The Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1, Occupational Requirements.
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.