For more information on the role,
please contact: James Denison
Telephone: 01772 629862
Location - Project SEARCH
Hft Lancashire is looking to appoint a part-time Employability Coach within their occupation & employment provision for adults with a learning disability.
The Employability Coach role is central to the delivery of high quality services and promoting Hft's reputation. The job requires an individual with drive, enthusiasm and commitment. Someone with a 'Can Do' attitude who has the ability to look for creative solutions to meet people's support needs in a way that respects their individuality and works with the Operations Manager.
The Project SEARCH Employability Coach role is to support young people with Learning Disabilities over a period of one academic year. The goal is to provide three on-site work placements to enable the young people to gain the skills necessary for open paid employment and further support the same group to access long term employment.
As an Employability Coach on Project SEARCH, you will need to be open to flexible working which may involve some occasional evening and weekend work.
What we offer
- 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment
- Service related sick pay when six month probation is completed
- Automatic work-place pension enrolment
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing.
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
Join us and help us change lives.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.