For more information on the role,
please contact: Carol Godwin
Hourly rate -
- £8.55 per hour
- rising to £8.65 on completion of probation
- rising further to £8.85 on gaining a Health & Social Care Diploma/NVQ Level 2
About the role
As an Waking Night Support Worker you'll be supporting adults with learning disabilities within your community. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people's needs and always looking for the best way of doing things.
Waking Night Support Workers are required to remain awake throughout the night to support individuals as required. You could be supporting someone with personal care, helping someone with their medication or just chatting and keeping them company if they are unable to sleep.
We provide 24/7 support to people, so this role will require you to work some weekends and Bank Holidays.
You don't need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job. It's great if you already have experience of learning disabilities, autism or dementia, but this is by no means essential. What matters most is your positive attitude to life and your desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible.
- 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment
- Service related sick pay when six month probation is completed
- Automatic work-place pension enrolment
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme, Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
Join us and help us change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.