For more information on the role,
please use the details below to contact us:
Starting salary of £18,926 rising to £19,513 following successful completion of probation
Rising further to £22,876 based on gaining a Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 3
Potential earnings of £24.333 pa based on a qualified rate and 4 sleep-ins per month
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting 2,900 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
As a senior support worker at Hft you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. You will be a role model to others through demonstrating excellent support to those we support and you will help the registered cluster managers to coach, support and manage staff teams effectively. You will be responsible for nurturing and inspiring those coming to work for Hft to help ensure we have the best staff teams offering great support services. This role also offers great opportunities for career progression to help you develop your knowledge and skills.The area you will be working in has both support living and residential services.
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, in all aspects of their daily lives.
You will help us ensure your service is:
- Well led
As a senior support worker, flexibility is important for both you and for the service. We provide 24/7 support to some people, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts on a rota basis, including nights, weekend and Bank Holidays.
You need good IT skills and experience of maintaining records to be a success in this role. You also need to be willing to work towards a Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 3 (or equivalent). But above all, if you have the passion for delivering high quality care and support services to people with learning disabilities and you want to make a difference to enable people to live a more fulfilling and independent life – then this is the role for you.
What we Offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.