For more information on the role,
please contact: Vanessa Mitchell
Telephone: 01453 820940
Location - Stroud
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to work alongside the Manager of two of our supported living homes in Stroud. Guiding and leading an enthusiastic staff team, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Support Worker who is keen to take on extra responsibility and develop themselves further. You will already have passed your NVQ/Diploma in Health and Social Care level 3 or you may be working towards this. As a committed and conscientious individual, you will display plenty of initiative and be keen to support the Manager and staff team to continue to make improvements to the services. You will already have some experience of supervising or managing others and will be keen to further develop this knowledge.
The purpose of this role is to blend together the practitioner role and the first line management role at a Senior Support Worker level. You will be a role model to others through demonstrating excellent support to those in our care and you will help the manager to teach, support and manage staff teams effectively. The Senior Support Worker role offers the opportunity for career progression to someone keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
The foundation of your practice will be built on Hft’s values, and embedded into the Fusion model of support and delivering Person Centred Services. We want you to nurture and inspire those coming to work for Hft and contribute to ensuring we have the best staff teams offering the best support services across the sector. Please see the job description and person specification for full details of the role and our requirements.
What we will offer you:
- A comprehensive induction / development programme with support from your local manager and a Learning and Development Specialist
- An opportunity to develop and use your creative ideas and plan your career development
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after the first year, plus eight customary days, and a contributory pension scheme
What we expect from you:
- To be able to work varied flexible hours including evenings and weekends (with potential for on-call duties)
- To drive Hft vehicles
- To be committed to ensuring people have great lives
- To be a role model to Support Workers to deliver great support and assist the Registered Cluster Manager to monitor, report and maintain agreed standards
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.